A long hike

Dear Blog, 

On Saturday August 9th we went on a hike! The hike we went on was to see the Sacred Heart of Jesus on Mount Naranco. The 5.8 mile hike was pretty brutal though, definitely not for beginners. 
Anyway, we started the hike! 


Beautiful decor in a house we passed on the way up

Apple tree!

The first bit wasn't bad at all. We passed by houses with apple trees and cool things like that. We also had to pass a guard dog who was intimidating at first but when we talked to it it stopped barking and chilled out. 


But then we got to the actual start. It was like a 110 degree angle uphill. 

We were all clawing to get to the top. It was a great view after about 25 minutes of hiking. There was also blackberry bushes all around, so I stopped incrementally and picked blackberries to fuel me on my hike. 

Then we reached the non paved part. At this point I was regretting the hike but it was too late to turn back and Jesus was getting closer and closer. 

Then we made it!!! YAAAAAY! 
Took a lot of pictures, popped open my bottle of wine and got my cheese and bread out and enjoyed the view. 

I felt more accomplished at the top and started getting my energy back.
We took more silly photos and when the wine and sandwiches were done, we decided it was time to head back. 




Wine was flowing through my veins and the walk back down was about to be a breeze. What a great view as well. I was feeling mad grateful, as I usually do when I get tipsy. I was skipping all the way down the trail. 



 We looked at an old church then sat in an old fountain like a conversation pit. 



All in all I am grateful I went on that hike even though my legs and butt hurt for like 3 days after it, even though I was relatively angry during the larger portion of the hike up, and even though I bore a hole in my shoe like no other during those 25k steps. 










Comments

Popular Posts